NEVADA NEWS RELEASEBACK
January 23, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Cynthia Messina, (702) 289-9429
Southwest Gas Alerts Customers to
Imposters Posing as Utility Company Employees
Carson City, Nev. – Southwest Gas has become aware that individuals are posing as Southwest Gas employees in the Carson City area and reminds the public that when on company business employees can easily be identified:
- Southwest Gas employees always wear a company uniform
- Display Southwest Gas identification cards
- Generally come to a home when service is requested
- Identify themselves and the purpose of their visit
- Should enter the home only at the customer’s request
"Customer safety is always our highest priority," said Julie Williams, Northern Nevada Division vice president. "If a customer is in doubt as to the authenticity of the individual, they should call our customer service office to verify the employee's identity and reason for the visit." Customers can call 1-877-860-6020.
Southwest Gas provides natural gas service to nearly 1.9 million customers in parts of Arizona, California and Nevada.
# # # #